Monday, March 30, 2015

Update on Modifications and Packed up.

Most to the modification are done, except the Combo Washer/Dryer is still yet to install.  I climb up on the roof and got some better picture on wiring up top.  When the weather is nice and I have time off, I will put another round of Dicor on all the seems and roof penetrations.



Fist we will start off with better pictures of solar panel wiring.
Solar panel wire go into the box and down to through the kids jacket closet.
Just in front of the box is the satellite antenna wires.

Standing in the front looking back.

The next project was to install generator plug, second 30 Amp transfer switch, that switches between generator and inverter.  This makes it fool proof power connections, between shore power, inverter and generator, only one power source can apply power to the coach circuit panel at one time.
30 Amp Transfer Switch

Generator Plug with Stainless Steel Cover
Finish battery box Installation.  I kept the original stock 12 Volt 84 AH battery and added my six Trojan T-105 Golf Cart batteries I had from previous Montana.  This gives me 756 AH at 12 Volts.

Batter box vent.

Batter Box Vent
The next project was to install the self for my forth 280 Watt solar panel, I will use in Winter and when camping under the trees.  Also mounting Cell Phone 3G / 4G LTE Booster.
Tray is made out 3/16" plywood, sandwiched between 1x3 on top and 1x2 on the bottom all the way around the edge.  The right side is screwed to the basement wall, and the left side hangs via two supports.  Tray has carpet on it that the solar panel lays sunny side down on the carpet.

Pulled the panel out a little so you could see the panel in the tray.
Here is view of the tray from the other side.   You can see the Cell Phone Booster is mounted to bottom side of the tray.
Now the fun of packing almost everything we had in the other Montana.


Only thing missing are my tools which go right there in front.

Since we are headed out for shakedown cruise next Friday, I turned the refrigerator on last Saturday morning when I went to pick it up to work on it.  Saturday and Sunday were mostly sunny, but today, Monday, it was cloudy and rained, until around lunch time and then the sun came out.  Below are a couple pictures of my smart phone with information from my solar controller.  When the sun has gone down, my load is around 11-13 amps, so I need around 180 to 230 AH to go through the night in winter.  That will be about 1/3 my battery capacity.


Today with rain until noon, I still got 256 Amp Hours (3700 Watt Hours)



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, I am new to the solar RV concept and really liked the two breaker box set up on your rig. I'm interested in the manufacturer or where I can purchase these small boxes and a 63 AMP breaker.

    MJH in Leadville, CO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazon as well as many other solar dealers carry them. Search "MidNite Solar Photovoltaic DC Circuit Breaker", there are all kinds of values available sizes. Here is the 63 Amp breaker on Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/MidNite-Solar-Photovoltaic-Circuit-Breaker/dp/B004EQRAQS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485823344&sr=8-1&keywords=MidNite+Solar+Photovoltaic+DC+Circuit+Breaker

      Here is the circuit breaker panel I used: https://smile.amazon.com/MidNite-Solar-BABY-BOX-ENCLOSURE/dp/B007IAIW7S/ref=pd_bxgy_86_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B007IAIW7S&pd_rd_r=S1AD38017B8A4EB02NTF&pd_rd_w=ajuZd&pd_rd_wg=kw4DY&psc=1&refRID=S1AD38017B8A4EB02NTF

      Delete
  3. Wow. its really amazing post. Thank you for your sharing this wonderful article.
    Solar Inverter Dealer in Ambattur
    Solar Inverter Dealer in Anna Nagar

    ReplyDelete